Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Movies


This morning a friend of mine posted a question on Facebook. "What is the first movie you can ever remember wanting to go see?"

This question struck me because the first movie I remember loving to have seen in the theater was Land Before Time. I distinctly remember excitedly telling my babysitter all about it and telling her that she should see it too.

Then I looked at my dad and earnestly asked him if it was too late. He told me "no," it was still in theaters.

But that was not the first movie remember I wanting to go see. As a child going to see movies with my family was always my parents idea. The first one I wanted to go see was the 13th Warrior. I remember being at church with a group of my peers and they were all talking about the Viking movie excitedly. They all had seen it, and it sounded like my kind of movie.

Now I'll ask you, what is the first movie you can ever remember wanting to go see?

6 comments:

  1. The first movie I remember wanting to go see was Bakshi's "Lord of the Rings." http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0077869/ It was 1980; I was six and my mom and I had just finished reading the trilogy together. I was so excited.

    And then we saw the Black Riders at Weathertop and I got too scared and we left :) I still don't do well with scary movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Possibly the Great Mouse Detective, Batman Returns, or Hook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lady DragonKeeperMay 19, 2011 at 3:44 AM

    The first movie I wanted (and did) see in the theatre was the 2005 version of "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" --my family doesn't go to the theatre a lot, because $20-$30 for a DVD or BluRay is cheaper than buying tickets for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. First movie I saw in the theater was "The Fellowship of the Ring" and I have been sold on the theater experience ever since.

    Philip

    ReplyDelete
  5. First I saw in theater was Great Mouse Detective. First I remember anticipating was either The Little Mermaid or Aladdin.

    We had Bakshi's Lord of the Rings on VHS and that was a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must've seen movies in theater before, but the first I remember seeing, really, was the first Toy Story. We didn't go out to movies really; my aunt and uncle took us, during Thanksgiving week. Consequently, although I didn't really start going to see movies in theater much till I was 17 or so, I've seen every Pixar movie in theaters. After the first three (to which extended family brought me) I was able to drive myself....

    Cars 2 is out soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...