Wednesday, February 13, 2013

The Strictest School in the World

Writing about Flavia de Luce’s adventures last week reminded me of another YA fiction book I read awhile back.

But when I sat down to write this review, I realized that the subtitle told you practically everything you needed to know.

After all, a title such as: The Strictest School in the World: Being the Tale of a Clever Girl, a Rubber Boy and a Collection of Flying Machines, Mostly Broken doesn’t leave all that much out.

(Except the pterodactyls. They somehow didn’t make it into the subtitle.)

Of course, should that not prove exciting enough, there’s always the (not quite as good but still intriguing) sequel.

Ready for it?




And the third (which I must admit to not reading, as it was not yet published when I read the first two).

Island of Mad Scientists, The: Being an Excursion to the Wilds of Scotland, Involving Many Marvels of Experimental Invention, Pirates, a Heroic Cat, a Mechanical Man and a Monkey

So there you have it. Yet another set of madcap adventures.


Click here for more book reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...