Tuesday, June 14, 2011

From Wednesday's Class

Last week I was teaching a campaigns and elections class for Generation Joshua. The last day of class I agreed to spend the time going over historical ads. It was so popular that I thought I should post it here on the blog.

We started with I like Ike:


Then we went with the Daisy Bomb ad:


No wonder Goldwater lost:


The EVER popular Kennedy song!


Next a Nixon "Hands" ad:


One of the Best Political Ads of all time! Morning in America:


And a Reagan Communism ad, The Bear:
http://youtu.be/NpwdcmjBgNA

This was Dems response, no wonder it was a landslide:


Nothing quite so striking as a flip flop ad:


Kerry's biggest problem wasn't the flip-flop ad, Swift Boat Vets for Truth changed the political ad world:


Early Obama ad that strongly appeals to voters!


And on the other hand we have the attack ads:


Primaries also tend to have some really fiery ads:


But positive slogan ads seem to be more effective than gun toting shouting:


Ads should also connect with real people:


This is one of my all time favorites:


And I think this is my favorite Democrat ad of the last cycle:


This is probably the worst ad of the last cycle:


A little over the top drama isn't bad:


But this one might be a little over the top:


This ad is a little like a ad for a super hero movie, but I love it!


Finally, some good message ads:


1 comment:

  1. Political affiliations aside, I still think the best ad of the last presidential election cycle was the Huckabee/Chuck Norris ad. :-D

    (Okay, the best one I saw. Which is... not most of them. But it was a brilliant ad. And low-budget!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...