Wednesday, June 8, 2011

I Lawyer

I am taking a professional responsibility course for lawyers this summer which, combined with the two part time jobs I’m working, explains my lack of posting recently. Anyway, this course has given me several post ideas, many of which I hope to be writing about shortly.

In the meantime, I’ve learned lots about lawyer's ethical responsibilities, duties, and the rules rules rules attempting to govern lawyer's actions.

However, upon reflection, most of the expectations can be summarized into three basic laws:
  1. A lawyer may not injure a client or, through inaction, allow a client to come to harm.
  2. A lawyer must obey any orders given to it by client, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
  3. A lawyer must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Law.

Ahh, the consequences of reading Isaac Asimov while taking an ethics course. . .

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...